10 April 2011

The advantages of identifying and understanding your...Guilt Theme

The presence of a Guilt theme could have an enormous impact on your talents and your effectiveness. Many people are not aware of the presence of their Guilt theme, and therefore they stumble over it every time they use it. The guilt theme is also one theme that very often leads to someone not wanting to see a specific theme in their Top 5, or not really identifying with it. It gives a negative feel towards the beauty of the theme.

In order to identify my possible Guilt Theme, ask questions like the following:

• Is there one of my Top 5 Themes that immediately “weakens” me when I think of it? I feel it is a burden to have this talent?
• Is there one of my themes that I just cannot celebrate and embrace, no matter how I try?
• Is there a specific talent theme that I feel is “wrong” to have? You know that you have it, but you wish you did not because it cannot be positive in your view.


Why it helps to understand my Guilt Theme

Identifying a Guilt theme sometimes comes immediately to someone…but this is one theme that you should not force to identify. But, should it be there, you must face it. The advantage of identifying your Guilt theme lies in the fact that you can now see how your inability to embrace and celebrate the good of the theme has hindered your thought, feelings or behavior. There could be many reasons for the existence of a guilt theme, but some of the most common are upbringing, religious vies or traumatic or negative experiences connected with a specific theme.


FAQ’s on Guilt Themes

• Can your Guilt Theme change over time?
- Yes, and it should not only change, it should actually be resolved and dissolved. A guilt theme is not a good thing within the strengths based approach. Sometimes people might need therapy to change their view of a specific theme.

• Could I have more than one Guilt Theme? - Yes you could. Even 3 or 4 are in some cases possible…

• Does everyone have a specific Guilt Theme they could identify? - No. Not all people can identify with a Guilt Theme concept, and therefore it must never be forced.

• Can my Guilt Theme be the same as my Core or my Ignition or Relaxing Theme? - Yes it could. Especially when it is the same as your Core Theme, it should be addressed with urgency in order for you to embrace it.

• Are certain Talent themes more prone to be Guilt themes than others? - Yes. The most common Guilt Themes out there are themes like Responsibility, Competition, Significance, Deliberative, Discipline, Adaptability, Belief and Woo - although it could be any other theme. Can you think why these are common guilt themes?

- By Dries Lombaard, C.E.O Africanmosaic



Next Time we explain more about your Spiritual Theme



For more about us, visit our website at www.africanmosaic.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to have your perspective on this! Please share your thoughts: