05 April 2011

The advantages of identifying and understanding your...Relaxing Theme

Your Relaxing theme helps you to “shut down”. It tends to relax and calm down your thinking, feeling or behavior. This “relaxing” or “calming” effect could be linked to ideas, actions or feelings. This specific theme act like a relaxant that slow you down, and even helps you rest. It might be used intentional or unintentional. The more you understand the dynamic of this Relaxing Theme, you understand how to leverage it best for your own advantage and management of your energy.

To identify your Relaxing Theme, ask yourself questions like:
• Is there a specific theme that tends to “kick in” and help my thought, feelings or behavior to relax?
• Is there a specific one of my Top 5 themes that I know I need in order to relax or calm down?
• Which one of my Top 5 themes seems to have the strongest calming effect on me?
• Which one of my Top 5 themes do I see most prevalent in times like vacation, weekends or when I practice a hobby?

Why it helps to understand my Relaxing Theme
Just like the Ignition Theme, understanding the impact and effect of your relaxing theme will come to good use. It has the opposite effect than a Ignition theme, and therefore you might want to avoid it when you need to pick up speed and get started. But it is very useful when relaxing, and even helping you sleep.

FAQ’s on Relaxing Themes
• Can your Relaxing Theme change over time? - Yes, just like with your Core Theme and Ignition Theme, this theme is dynamic and not static. But it tends to be more “stable” than for instance an Ignition Theme.

• Can my Relaxing Theme be lower than my Top 5? - Yes, and like an Ignition Theme it often is. It is then advisable to explore other themes with your Talent Guide in order to discover a possible theme.

• Could I have more than one Relaxing Theme? - Not really, because just like with your Ignition Theme, usually what happens is that another theme reacts to the Relaxing Theme immediately. This is theme dynamics in action.

• Does everyone have a specific Relaxing Theme they could identify? - No. Not all people can identify with an Relaxing Theme concept, and therefore it must never be forced.

• Can my Relaxing Theme be the same as my Core or my Ignition Theme? - Believe it or not, but it is possible. If that is the case, it surely needs a lot of management. It will be scarce though.

• Are certain Talent themes more prone to be Relaxing themes than others? - Yes. The most common Relaxing Themes out there are themes like Activator, Adaptability, Harmony, Relator, Ideation, Input, Intellection, Woo and Restorative - although it could be any theme. Can you think why these are more common?

- by Dries Lombaard, C.E.O. Africanmosaic


Next time: Your "Guilt Theme"


Want to know more? Go to www.africanmosaic.com

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to mention my relaxing theme as an example.

    My relaxing theme is relator. When I am under a lot of stress it helps me a lot if I connect with my closest friends.

    I realized that when I need to focus and get going, I shouldn't first have a chat with friends as it slows me down tremendously as the sense of urgency seems to evade me.

    When I want a good night's rest, all I need to do is have some quality time with someone close to me before going to bed.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to have your perspective on this! Please share your thoughts: